November 23, 2005

Quick Update

Didn't play cards last night. I played on Monday night though. I was doing well at first. Had over $300 at a $50 NLHE 6max table. Then I lost it all. Main hand that fucked me was pocket 33's. Nasty ass crabs. There was a five dollar raise preflop. I decided to gamble a little so I called and saw a flop. We are heads up now. I hit my set, sweet. He raises pot. I reraise all in, he calls with TT. Dildo Fucknutz promptly hits his two outer on the river. That brought my stack down to about $120. I never regained composure after that and eventually lost the rest.

Some would say that I can't complain because I called a rather large preflop bet with way the worst of it. I disagree. The whole point of my call was to hit a set, and if I didn't I'm done with the hand. That's one of the advantages of having a huge stack at a cash game. You can gamble more. You make up for the potential gambling losses by winning a bunch of small pots. You win the small pots by bullying. Doyle Brunson talks about it in SuperSystem. It's a fun style but you have to be willing to fold post flop when necessary. There was some moron at the table talking shit too. He was losing, yet talking shit. He never once had more money than I. That didn't help my tilt. I hate morons that talk shit. Especially when they suck balls at poker.

I played some 08 with SirFWALGMan as well. We are both newbies to 08. He seems to really be enjoying that game now. That feeling is aided by the fact that he's been winning the whole time. I can't wait for "my nut boat got sucked out on by quads" posts that are sure to come in the future.

My Chiefs beat Houston's ass on Sunday. That was sweet. Larry Johnson is looking like a badass more and more each week. He had over 200 yards rushing and 2 TD's. He broke the Chief's record for most yards rushing in one game all time. It helps that Houston has the worst rushing defense in the league. Trent Green finally had a good game as well. Other than the fact that he almost got picked off three times that is. He hasn't been the same this year. Not sure if it's age/decline in ability (he's 35 yrs old) or the personal things in his life (his father recently passed). Hopefully he's out of the slump and we win next week. Our schedule is fuckin brutal throughout the rest of the year. Here's the list of asses we need to kick:

Sun 11/27
New England
1:00 pm

Sun 12/4
Denver
4:15 pm

Sun 12/11
at Dallas
4:15 pm

Sat 12/17
at NY Giants
5:00 pm

Sat 12/24
San Diego
1:00 pm

Sun 1/1
Cincinnati
1:00 pm

Can you say ouch? That reminds me. There's football on tomorrow!! I love Thanksgiving. Gotta get my fantasy team ready. Go read veneno. GL at the tables.

2 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

Could you put the football stuff in another blog..boring..lol..okay probably just me.

You getting into Omaha too. Cool. I have been playing it a bit too. Pretty fun.

Good luck to ya.

 
At 3:26 AM, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Unlucky with the 33 hand.Just got to remember those 2 outer hitting clowns will pay off in the long run.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home