November 06, 2005

Post Numero Uno

Welcome to my blog, The Poker Puffessor. I've been reading poker blogs since March 2004. I've decided to hop on the bandwagon and create a blog for myself after some encouragement from other bloggers (really, I just want to play in the PokerStars blogger tourney next year). A few things worth mentioning:

1) I will blog about poker and sports related subjects. That doesn't mean I won't blog about other things as well, but these two subjects are my primary focus.

2) I'm not a writer by any means. I can't even remember the last thing I've voluntarily written. It's going to be interesting to see how this turns out.

3) I've played poker seriously since March 2004. It's not a coincidence that that's when I started reading poker blogs as well. I've had moderate success lately, so I feel I'm consistently getting better at poker. Or, maybe I suck and get lucky once in a while.

4) I love to smoke herb. As if you couldn't tell by my name and the name of this blog. I smoke while playing almost always. There are benefits to smoking the sweet leaf while playing, will post about that later. There are some drawbacks as well. Needless to say, 7-card stud is not my strongest game.

5) I love to drink beer. Now, unlike herb, beer is pretty much baaaad while playing. For me anyways. I play better when not drinking. The simple solution to that problem is never drink and play cards. Do I listen? Hell no.

That's it for now. There will be poker content in my next post, thanks for stopping by.

10 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

Awesome!! It is about time. Welcome to the community.

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger GaryC said...

It is about time. Welcome, buddy.

G

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger TenMile said...

Greetings.

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

good job.

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

bring it

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger jremotigue said...

Very nice.

About dang time!

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Nice start Chief.You're not the only blogging puffin' poker player thats for sure....

I'll link you up.

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger ChiefBigToke said...

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Muchas gracias for everyone who has mentioned me in their blogs and linked to me. I will link back to you as soon as I figure out how to do it. Got to spend some time dinking around with this thing, should have it all figured out in no time. If I can't figure it out, I will hit up one of you guys to show me how. I don't think I'll have to do that though. I'm a man, I don't ask for directions unless absolutely necessary. :)

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Jordan said...

Welcome to our world. One of us. One of us. One of us.

You are in good company. Hell, maybe you, me and Acorn can start our own poker smoker's squad. Hope to see you around.

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Pauly said...

#4 lol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home