January 07, 2006

Bankroll News

Howdy ya'll. I really should get into the habit of updating more often. If I have any readers left (besides Veneno and Fwalg) thanks for sticking around. I will try to update at least twice a week. Key word is try.

Well, I went broke on Royal Vegas the night after I scored in that 7-stud tourney. I was up to $50 and decided to take a gander at the bad beat jackpot tables. Wasn't planning on playing the bad beat tables unless they had something cheap. I notice a table with .50/1 stakes. Doesn't say NLHE, must be limit. I grab a seat and start playing. I fold my first few hands, no big deal. Then I get into a pot with someone and realize, hey, this isn't limit holdem. Fuck, this is no limit! Not the best game selection for my mini-me bankroll. I end up losing the pot and that brings me down to 30 bucks or so. I must've been really baked or Royal Vegas doesn't label their tables right. Probably the former rather than the latter. Fuck that! Time to recoup my losses. I decide to stay at the table until I win my 20 bucks back. This is the thinking that always dooms my bankroll. I hate, and I mean HATE leaving a table down money. I feel like a failure. So I tell myself, "Just stay until you get your losses back then you can leave. No harm no foul." Well, I didn't recoup my losses obviously. So I busted out of Royal Vegas. But I still had some outs. I had $10 no deposit bonus waiting for me at PokerTime.

So the next day I log onto PokerTime and lose the $10 in the matter of an hour or so. Damn that sucked. Now, I have zero dollars online to play poker with. Damn, that REALLY sucked. Later that night I decide to play a 1K freeroll with my action points on DoylesRoom. I take 14th place or something for $15. I am back in the real money play, woohoo! I know this sounds pathetic. But if you don't have any money online, winning $15 in a freeroll is like finding money on the ground when you are broke. It's not much, but it's more than you had before you won/found it. It at least gave me a chance to build it up to something meaningful playing small SNG's and cash games. I don't get anywhere doing that. Kept winning then losing, treading water for the most part. So I'm playing a $2 sng with $10 left on Doyles and chatting with Veneno. She offers to back me on Stars for $50. The agreement we settled on was I split half of my profits with her on a per game basis until I have paid her $100. If I bust she loses the backing money. So if I cash in a SNG, she gets half of the profits. If I play a cash game and I'm up when I leave the table, she gets half of the profits. This was working good but I ended up busting before I could reach the goal. I paid back $37.50 so she lost $12.50 on the deal. Not a bad loss, but not what I/she was hoping for.

Ok now what? I'm a broke ass poker player. Wait, what's that I hear? It's my buddy Jester. He owes me $50 and he has transfered it into my PokerStars account. Cue the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack, "Stayin alive, stayin alive." I play with that money for a couple days, trying to grind it up. But grinding is boring as fuck and I'm a gambooler at heart. So I log in the other night and I have $75 sitting in my Stars account. What shall I play. Don't really feel like grinding and I've been dying to play a $20 180 SNG. What the hell, I'll play one and if I lose I'll grind. I register for one and I'm ready to slay some fish. I forgot to bring my fishing pole and I bust out of that one. Fuck. Ok, I still don't feel like grinding. I'll play another one. I feel good and am playing well. I was sure to bring my pole and tackle box this time. I register for another one. I do goot in it. Really goot. I take third place for $428 bones. I cash out $200 and I'm back in bidness!!

Before that, I created a new Party account through a website that gives you $50 for free just for signing up. I had cancelled my old account because Party's customer service pissed me off. Everything goes through without a hitch so I have $50 on Party to play with now. Nice! Even though Party sucks balls, customer service wise, it is still free money. I do pretty well and build it up to just over $100. Fast foward to last night. I was playing strictly SNG's and MTT's on Party and Stars. Cue Buster Pointdexter "I'm feeling hot hot hot." I didn't score in any MTT's but I dominated the SNG scene. I won first twice in $30 sng's. I won first twice in $20 sng's (in one of them, I was down to 200 chips early). I got a second in a $50 sng. I cashed in a few others as well. In one of my $20 sng's, I was down to 70 chips with 7 left. I got involved in a hand and at the river I had Q high. It was a huge pot but I decided to fold and save my 70 chips because I KNEW I was beat. Why throw it away right? I was getting a billion to 1 pot odds but I didn't care. So I fold and type "lol" in the chat box. Whuddya know, I battle all the way back to take second place, hahaha. After all was said and done I made $500 profit last night.

The Poker Puffessor is back in the ballgame folks!

1 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

I'm waiting for the twice a week postings. I am guessing that you will have 2 postings today?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home