June 13, 2007

My First Mookie

I played in my first Mookie tonight on Full Tilt. slb159 staked me for the thing. I finished 26th out of 71. I heard I won some points for the blogger leader board which sounds like fun. Didn't win any money though. I'll have to play in the next one now, heh. I did have the satisfaction of busting out Waffles though. It was folded to me on the button and I held 44. I raise 3x bb, small blind folds and Waffles pushes his short stack all in. It's a coin flip most likely so I call. If I lose I still have a manageable stack. He shows Q6 and my sailboats hold up. I can't wait to read how I played that like a donkey in his blog tomorrow :)

Random chat in a 1.75 two table donkament...

Jdawg88: chigga= *****/ n i g g a?
Jdawg88: c h i n k
Jdawg88: im not tryna be offensive.
ChiggaNick: no
Jdawg88: thats what it means in korea
Jdawg88: derrogative term
Gordogg: he's half black half eskimo which=eskibro
Jdawg88: lol
ChiggaNick: lol


I thought of something recently. When on a flush draw, you figure you have 9 outs so you calculate pot odds based on that figure. But realistically wouldn't you agree that the odds of a player or players folding at least one of the suits you need pre flop to be high? I think one would have 8 outs or less a reasonable percentage of the time. Mind you 8 outs isn't that much worse than 9, but 7 or 6 outs is significantly different. So why calculate 9 outs every time when considering pot odds? Something to think about...

3 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Blogger surflexus said...

Just wanted to let you know I got it. Thnx

George (surflexus)

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger StatikKling said...

Congrat's on the win of the MFC: Mookie99's Fish Hooks.

The last thing I saw in the chat window was to name next weeks tournament, Gordogg's Fish Buffet. Do you want to stick with that?

 
At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You also have to take into consideration what cards could make someone a full house

 

Post a Comment

<< Home